Tuesday 10 February 2015

The "Dream" Date


He took me to a restaurant
Where ghosts served the food,
The waiter asked for orders
But I couldn't see where he stood.

Knives and forks were whizzing past,
Some moved slow and some moved fast,
Laden with food, plates floated around,
And landed on tables without a sound.

A bottle of champagne came flying by,
The cork flew open in the wink of an eye,
The bottle tilted into the glass,
And poured out the drink, with finesse and class.

"Cheers", I said and raised my drink,
And at the bottom, I saw a ring,
He smiled, got up and on his knees,
All the plates mid air did freeze.

He took my wrist and helped me stand,
And slipped the ring into my hand,
We drank and dined and tipped them well,
At that point, out of bed I fell.

(Image Source: http://pat-funstuff.blogspot.in/2010/06/ghost-restaurant.html)

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Poem Charz...I just loved the 2nd & 3rd stanza... Imagination at its best... :) ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice composition... Hope you didn't get hurt when you fell from the bed! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol... Thanks... :-) was limping around for 2 days! Just kidding

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good one charu... Keep it up
    Dream date like this will be really exciting ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol... Thanks a lot Shilpy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved reading it.. intha kanasugaLu saaviraaru beeLtirathve.. Glad you captured one of them here.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope your 'Date' wasn't floating in the air :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope your 'Date' wasn't floating in the air :-)

    ReplyDelete